Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't consider the "Yield" a technicality - it's a part of the game.
    Right. That's why I called it a feature of the game.
    It doesn't handicap dominant teams because the advantage goes to the team who gets there first - which should be the dominant team.
    True. I stand corrected.

I like the feature too. It not only adds a new dynamic to the game, but it offers a form of retaliation that could make the competition "personal". Its use doesn't need to be personally motivated (like Chip and Kim using it as a competitive edge against a normally dominant team), but it COULD be. So the fact that it's a part of the game could make others think twice before casually screwing somebody over.

Anyway, I think it's a good addition. It'll be very interesting to see if it's available for the finale and, if so, how it's used.

Comment

I would think that the Yield would be off limits for the finale. I think in past seasons, even the Fast Forward is no longer an option for the finale.

Comment

I like the Yield feature as well, but I still think it would be a shame for C&C to lose that way. They're obviously the best. Why should they lose to two teams that should already be eliminated and one team that, through dumb luck, is still in the running.

Comment

They're obviously the best. Why should they lose to two teams that should already be eliminated and one team that, through dumb luck, is still in the running.
          Colin is an @#%$. Christie deserves the the money just for putting up with his @#%$ the whole race, but I'd rather she lose than see him get to enjoy it along with her.

If the other teams should have been eliminated, then why weren't they? A lot of the race comes down to dumb luck, and Colin and Christie have benefitted from it just as much as the other teams.

Comment

I'm happy to say, the best team won.

Comment

Excellent finale. Chip and Kim were my favorites. Glad they won. Sayonara Colin and Christie. You were VERY formidable competitors, but the Karma that Christie referred to was not showing them favor. Farewell to the God squad - I guess the Lord wasn't on their side. Aside: I love it when people claim God or fate is on their side, as if their winning will be proof of their true worthiness. Problem is, what if they lose, as they did? Proof of their unworthiness.

Whatever, not my choice to bring on the heaviness - that was their choosing. For me, it was simply great entertainment.

Comment

Very cool finale

I loved the finale. It's so funny to hear them complain as they walk up the snow:

BRANDON
                Imagine Jesus at the top.

COLIN
                Imagine a million dollars!

CHIP
                Help me, Jesus. Help me. Oh, think... A million dollars!

:lol

This is one of the best shows on TV. You can tell that these producers have to work much harder than other reality TV shows...

Comment

Re: Very cool finale

Christie became extremely evil after they were yielded. And now that I think of it, she and Colin probably deserve each other.

Stupid Brandon didn't wanna get out of the boat unless Chip had the correct clue. Then he gets mad at Chip because he lied? GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF THE BOAT AND GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF!!

It's amazing how a few of the teams were so angry with Chip and Kim. They did help some of teams through alliances and by giving out info, but when it came down to the wire, you cannot expect for them to help yourself to the million dollars.

What did they expect? It's a game and a race, people.

Comment

Stupid Brandon didn't wanna get out of the boat unless Chip had the correct clue. Then he gets mad at Chip because he lied? GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF THE BOAT AND GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF!!
                    I'm SO glad you mentioned this. I'm a little reluctant to lay into them too much, because they seemed like pretty okay people (their self-righteous horseshit notwithstanding), but I was thinking the same thing.

Brandon and Nicole were not just sitting on their lazy fvcking a$$es, but they intended to seize the advantage from Chip and Kim by sprinting ahead (Brandon and Nicky were sitting in their boat, ready to go, waiting for Chip to read to them the results as Chip was still on shore, far from his boat). Then later they have the nerve to complain that Chip "lied to our face."

That kind of bullshit hypocrisy really chaps my a$$.

Comment

Holy crap. What do ya know... Colin and Kristi are engaged.

Comment

out-takes...

something tells me Colin already has money...

would like to have seen some amazin race out-takes..

will there be a new amazin race this fall-maybe twice a year like survivor from now on...?

Comment

Re: Amazing Race 6

will there be a new amazin race this fall-maybe twice a year like survivor from now on...?
                          From "The Futon Critic"

The sixth season of CBS' "The Amazing Race," originally slated to premiere Saturday, September 26 then moved to October 2, will now be postponed indefinitely. The news however isn't a reflection of a lack of commitment on the Eye's part but rather to capitalize on the show's monster success this summer. By waiting until late October/early November, CBS executives hope to give viewers a breather between seasons instead of rushing back to the airwaves a few weeks after its September 21 finale. Traditionally, "Race" has experienced breaks of anywhere between three and 10 months between seasons.

It looks like they're letting us digest a little first. :\

Comment

Reality

I am not a fan of reality television. However, after hearing critics rave about this show for years, I finally decided to check it out. I am very glad that I did. Unlike other reality shows where you have to eat pig intestines or sit around in a house for three months, the process of this show is actually interesting. It's fun to watch people race from Cario to St. Petersburg. If nothing else, this show is a fun travelogue, which makes it worth watching even when the teams aren't that interesting.

If I have one complaint it was that there didn't seem to be much competitiveness between the teams. I was looking forward to a fun and competitive race, but everyone seemed to be friends. The only ones who really pulled any tricks were the nicest pair, Chip & Kim. I understand what they did and I wanted to see more yielding and other stuff to add tension to the game. But, I guess the free trip around the world is so fun that most people don't even think about the million until the final few legs. Good show. I can't wait for the next installment. If the earlier seasons were better than this one, then I can't wait to see them as well.

Comment

Re: Reality

You can read summaries of seasons 1-4 at cbs.com, see the winners...pics of all the teams, maps of race, etc...

Comment

Re: Reality

...and the next season kicks off right away. Oct. 2nd. I think...

Comment

Working...
                                X