Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journalist shows?

Can anyone think of a show where there's a mystery but the "investigation" is being carried out by a civilian or journalist? I.e. a show where we follow someone who's not buying the official storyline of what happened? I've been wracking my brains but can't think of any. Everything I come up with has a cop protagonist. Thoughts? The Newsroom is perhaps the closest I could come up with but I'm wondering if there's anything that is structured like The Killing but sans cops/detectives?

Re: Journalist shows?

Murder She Wrote?

Comment

Hmmm I guess I'm looking for something that's less of a procedural and more of a series long case. It may not exist and possibly the reason I am struggling with my own script. Basically what I'm hoping to find is a TV version of All The President's Men. I'm beginning to suspect I'm on a wild goose chase.

Comment

The original State of Play.

Comment

wasn't a mystery show, per se, but "Lou Grant" was set in a newspaper and had stories of the week

Comment

Season 5 of The Wire, and most of Treme, natch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheConnorNoden View Post
              The original State of Play.
              I just looked this up and it seems to be what I'm looking for, so thanks. I am intrigued, though, by how few shows there are of this variety. Anyone have any insights into why? Is it because it's hard to drag out over the course of multiple seasons?

Comment

I think the BBC show "The Hour" might qualify as a more recent example of what you're looking for.

EDIT: Though IIRC the investigation story line is usually only about a third of the show, so maybe not.

Comment

Nowhere Man

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

I think:

Call Northside 777

All the President's Men

Comment

X-Files spin-off 'The Lone Gunman'.
                      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Working...
                      X