X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better call Saul

Anyone watching it? Me

Does it have legs? I think so, I'm not sure its BB quality but it works

High point, seeing Far Cry 3's Vaas toning it down but still being an implacable badass.
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Re: Better call Saul

I'm finding it enjoyable but I don't want it to go on too long. I don't want them to have to invent more backstory than there needs to be.

Comment

It's fantastic! Surpassed every hope I had and then some.

I feel it's got the potential to be as good as Breaking Bad, maybe even better.

Comment

I'm liking it a lot.

It feels like it's just finding its legs at the moment.
        Story Structure 1
        Story Structure 2
        Story Structure 3

Comment

Definitely getting better. Pilot had me worried. I'm in.
          Doug Johnson
          www.dojowrite.com

Comment

I'm all in, was all in since the announcement. Yes it has legs.

Comment

Loved tonight's episode.
              Fiction writers are demigods among men...

Comment

Seen the first four episodes, and I'm hooked. I can't judge it against Breaking Bad since I only seen the first season (I have to catch up), but Better Call Saul has its own soul and that guarantees the show will have a good run.
                Last edited by Madbandit; 03-01-2015, 08:15 AM.
                "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Gotta admit I was appalled when I originally heard the concept was a 1/2 hr sitcom
                  I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

The most recent episode was a huge miss for me. Seemed too much like a filler episode... nothing exciting happened either (unlike the other 4)

Comment

It's got my interest, but there's a but. I'm okay with comparing it to BB, not directly per se, but it suffers from a few things.

1. It's a prequel. Technically I know the ending. So any suspense as to Saul and which situations might bring about his end is all moot. (I know it's obvious, but it's still an issue to me.)

2. Saul's character is currently doing 99% of the heavy lifting in the show. I hope that changes. BB had great B stories/characters. Chuck's character is fairly compelling, but his character is a shut in. They followed Mike in the last episode and that was temporarily interesting.

I agree it felt like a filler episode. And at this point, there really shouldn't be any filler.

It's done well. I like it, but I don't know for how long.
                      #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

I thought this week's episode was one of the best yet.

The entire episode was on Bob O's shoulders, and he kind of crushed it. We really get a sense of his character struggling to make the right decisions and make things work.

I have a feeling that this is the one of the last episodes we'll spend with Jimmy McGill.

Comment

Originally posted by Shutout View Post
                          The most recent episode was a huge miss for me. Seemed too much like a filler episode... nothing exciting happened either (unlike the other 4)
                          Maybe not the best, but I disagree "nothing exciting happened."

After a tense standoff, Jimmy's electrophobic brother (Michael McKean) gets tasered by the cops, setting up the hospital scene that shows Jimmy does have a glimmer of empathy.

Jimmy crawls up a crane and over scaffolding to rescue a billboard worker who has fallen from his 100 ft perch and is hanging from his harness - all a stunt contrived by Jimmy to drum up business - a sequence that shows us Jimmy's ethics meter is a few ticks short.

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
                            Maybe not the best, but I disagree "nothing exciting happened."

After a tense standoff, Jimmy's electrophobic brother (Michael McKean) gets tasered by the cops, setting up the hospital scene that shows Jimmy does have a glimmer of empathy.

Jimmy crawls up a crane and over scaffolding to rescue a billboard worker who has fallen from his 100 ft perch and is hanging from his harness - all a stunt contrived by Jimmy to drum up business - a sequence that shows us Jimmy's ethics meter is a few ticks short.
                            The crane scene happened the episode before.

I think the only interesting thing is that his condition is more mental than actually a real thing. I like how he was tricked when the doctor showed that the bed had power to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shutout View Post
                              The crane scene happened the episode before.

I think the only interesting thing is that his condition is more mental than actually a real thing. I like how he was tricked when the doctor showed that the bed had power to it.
                              Ah, you're right. Stand corrected. That's what I get for watching past my bedtime. But c'mon, you gotta admit, having a character with extreme electrophobia get tasered is brutally brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                              X