Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon Valley

Still hilarious 3 seasons in. At this point you'd think the shtick would be getting old but it's still hilarious.
    You know Jill you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month, he must have been a happy man.

Re: Silicon Valley

+1, can't think of another show that makes me laugh out loud as often as this one, some brilliant writing.

Comment

Season 4 is no less funny three episodes in.

Comment

Silicon Valley and Veep are two of the sharpest written comedies currently on TV.

For aspiring comedy writers, one trait to study is the fact that you can take almost any line of dialogue from an episode of Silicon Valley and probably guess which character said it. The characters are so distinctively-written, it's genius.

As for Veep, the ratio of one-liners per minute is a joy to consume.
        sigpic
        NOTES / COVERAGE
        10,000+ Screenplays
        DD Thread Facebook
        [email protected]

Comment

I genuinely don't understand how they stay this fresh and funny this far along. It's just genius.

And I agree, the characters are really well-differentiated, which is kind of amazing when you consider that they all come from the same subculture. It's like a masterclass in specificity.

Comment

Love this show so much.

I am however anxious to see Richard and the crew finally get a "win". I'd love to see them finally move into the world of becoming a big, successful company and all the pitfalls and struggles that come with it.

Comment

Working...
            X