Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for my classic sci-fi peeps

I'm starting to think deathclaw doesn't even have a sister... well played...

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      Ahh, sure she does.
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Actually I have 2 biological sisters, 5 biological brothers, 1 adopted sister, and 6 adopted bothers.

I am the baby of the family.

Comment

And your a sister too? Handle could go either way!

well -- I don't know what you write -- but man I would write a script like THE LOUD HOUSE tv show about a huge family. My god.

Seven by Seven is a great title. 7 x 7. To save character space you can make it four by four. 4 x 4

What a cool family dynamic.

Comment

Hmm... Darthclaw13? I'm thinking the sister who put you on the trail of their science fiction episode memory may have done so as a joke on you and it's a red herring. We're just chasing our tails.
            “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

And your a sister too? Handle could go either way!

well -- I don't know what you write -- but man I would write a script like THE LOUD HOUSE tv show about a huge family. My god.

Seven by Seven is a great title. 7 x 7. To save character space you can make it four by four. 4 x 4

What a cool family dynamic.

I don't write tv normally, but yeah, our family could be a show in itself. LOL

Half my scripts are horror and half are drama. I usually stay in those 2 genres with some sprinkling of sci-fi occasionally.

Sci-fi is my fave to watch, but not my fave to write because you want to make sure it makes sense even if things in it don't exist yet, and sometimes that can be a big challenge, especially with space stuff or futuristic things.
              I have some pretty good story ideas in the sci-fi realm, but I can't quite figure out how to get them on the page and make sense yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
                Maybe one of these is the answer:

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, (1991)

Enemy Mine, (1985)

There's some mining going on in these two movies, but it's not the main thrust of either story as the new description seems to indicate.

Does your sister read any science fiction books or short stories? If so, the search territory just grew exponentially larger.

I have both of them on dvd. But alas, no they aren't the ticket.

She doesn't read sci-fi books, she only reads biographies and autobiographies, and not the ones of anyone that I have heard of. Mostly obscure interesting stories by regular people that usually went thru hard or trying times in their lives.

(My preferred reading is sci-fi/fantasy books. Mostly ones with werewolves and vampires. I have a weakness for the wolves. )

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
                  Hmm... Darthclaw13? I'm thinking the sister who put you on the trail of their science fiction episode memory may have done so as a joke on you and it's a red herring. We're just chasing our tails.

I know, one would think that, but she doesn't have that type of humor. LOL

I asked her again if she remembered anything else.

She said just that little bit. It was something on tv that she saw when she was a little kid like 6 or 7, so that would've been around 1974-5ish.

I told her it could've been a tv movie instead of a show, but she really thinks it was an episode on a show.

It honestly could've been some obscure 70's show that didn't do well and that's why we all can't find anything.

But I myself remember bits from "Bigfoot and Wildboy" and that was really before I was old enough to have much memory and it wasn't on that long and I can find stuff on that, so I was hoping between all of us here that someone would know what my sis is talking about.

Comment

Have you tried the old Battlestar Galactica or Buck Rogers? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._1980_episodes and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ntury_episodes

Comment

Working...
                    X