No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Entourage 2.6

Face it - this episode trod water.
    ENNIS spits in the palm of his hand, puts it on himself.

Comment

just finished it on tivo.I don't see how this was a horrible ep. You guys are missing it! How fun and creative to actually show us the ad in full at the end.
      The add was a great tag. I liked that. But it was a TAG. It's just a little joke that plays off the episode storyline. It doesn't resolve anything.

I loved the tension they built up betweeen Eric, Ari, and Vince over the screening of Queens Blvd.

What sucked is that instead of having Eric or Ari cleverly solve a situation that had been brewing for over 2 episodes, they pu$$ed out. They made one of the oldest and most fatal of story flaws ever conceived by man. They didn't show the resolution, and what's worse, they took the resolution out of their lead characters hands. Hell, they took it out of ANY characters hands.

They had Vince say "Oh, well", and they had Ari tells us a second hand story how Sharon Stone saved the day. She wasn't even in the episode.

That's crap. It's stupid, boring story telling. Period.

The episode would have, could have, and should have been spectacular. And all they had to do was RESOLVE the freaking screeing storline with a scene or two of Ari or Eric pulling off some smooth power play that gets the screening for Cameron. That's all.

Then the commercial TAG at the end of the show is even that much funnier because we've had our pay off on the story we've invested in for 2+ weeks.

Instead we got Turtle playing a video game. Thud.

Comment

i completely disagree and i think prescribe made some good points about craft, but taking the decision out of vinces hands plays into other story devices. you can't payoff everything in a 28 minute show.

you always knew they were showing the add. the add means it KEEPS the posse rolling with or without aqua man..

i applaud the show for what they have done. the first episode of this year was awful and part of the second. the show saved itself.

vig

Comment

I don't think Sharon Stone saved the day. All Ari says at the end of the episode is that Sharon Stone is on board for the Aquaman movie and she loves Vince. Big deal -- that doesn't mean Vince has the part.

It wasn't a resolution of the Aquaman problem, it was just a setup for next week's episode, where they go to Sundance to meet with Cameron, who's going there to see Queens Blvd. It's pretty common for a TV show to set up the next episode in the final minutes of the current episode.

Comment

I don't think Sharon Stone saved the day. All Ari says at the end of the episode is that Sharon Stone is on board for the Aquaman movie and she loves Vince. Big deal -- that doesn't mean Vince has the part.

It wasn't a resolution of the Aquaman problem, it was just a setup for next week's episode, where they go to Sundance to meet with Cameron, who's going there to see Queens Blvd. It's pretty common for a TV show to set up the next episode in the final minutes of the current episode.
            I realize it didn't resolve the Aquaman issue. It did, however, let Eric off easy on the screening issue he caused himself. He was in a quagmire.

According to the story that had been set up in the past two episodes, the ONLY way they were going to have a chance at Aquaman was to get a private screening of Queens for Cameron. No waiting for Sundance. It had to happen immediately. If they didn't get the screening, then there was no way to get Aquaman and that story arc ends.

Instead of showing Eric solve the problem he created, they solved it off screen with a story about Sharon Stone. That's my problem with it.

Comment

Bai Ling is hot.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

Really? Has never done much for me...not even in the Playboy pictorial.

Comment

Working...
                X