Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STARVED and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia FX

If you guys missed these shows check them out. first time in a LONG time I actually laughed out loud watching a TV show. Both shows take a slightly "off" look at things, and are both somewhat non-pc. but, damn, they're funny as hell.

Starved is about a group of friends with "problems" anorexia, bulemia, overeaters, and lots of other FUNNY stuff (well they make it really funny). Lets just say there female friend (who needs to sleep with lots and lot of woman, and who the guys joke about her being an over-EAT-her) has a scale at the table, the guys do a weigh-off and weigh there "genitals" to see if they're heavier then a carrot. HAHA! Good stuf.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is about a group of friends who buy a bar together, and well, there messed up lives. This one deal with a girl this guy is into thinking he's a racist, so all the funny stuff he does to combat that. VERY funny.

So, seriously if you like non-pc humor, as I do, check these shows out. they're on FX on Weds. at 10 and 10:30.

Re: STARVED and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia FX

I hate Eric Schaeffer. I think he's a completely untalented, egotistical hack. I won't watch any show he has anything to do with.

Ele...

Comment

See, I actually felt the same way, but the show takes over. But, hell check out Always Sunny then :-)

Comment

These shows are awful.

Whenever "watching water shooting out of a man's ass is funnier than this" comes out of my mouth, I know it's pretty bad. (Said while watching It's Always Sunny in Philly)

Always Sunny is NOT clever, witty, original, radical, ground-breaking or anything of that sort. It's obvious.

At an abortion rally a guy hits on a girl. So we hear:

GIRL
        You're hitting on me at an abortion rally?

That's the joke, sweetheart.

Blah. It just pains my heart to see crap like this on the television where my crap could easily smell up the spot.

And eating disorders are funny. *clapclap* Yay.

But seriously, check them out. They make you feel better about your writing.
        Everything popular is wrong. -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a cliche
          These shows are awful.

Whenever "watching water shooting out of a man's ass is funnier than this" comes out of my mouth, I know it's pretty bad. (Said while watching It's Always Sunny in Philly)

Always Sunny is NOT clever, witty, original, radical, ground-breaking or anything of that sort. It's obvious.

At an abortion rally a guy hits on a girl. So we hear:

GIRL
          You're hitting on me at an abortion rally?

That's the joke, sweetheart.

Blah. It just pains my heart to see crap like this on the television where my crap could easily smell up the spot.

And eating disorders are funny. *clapclap* Yay.

But seriously, check them out. They make you feel better about your writing.
          I agree. I didn't find these shows funny at all. The plots are interesting enough to make a good show, but the writing fails terribly. I didn't laugh once during the pilots of either of these shows. I just sat there thinking, "So I guess this is what happens when you put a bunch of monkeys in a room with a typewriter".

However, I must agree with i'm a cliche. Watch them. They make you feel better about your crap.
          -RAB

Comment

My sister is obsessed with Always Sunny...she talks about it all the time, telling me I have to watch it.
            ~* Kelsey *~

http://kelseytalksaboutmovies.blog.com/

Comment

Working...
            X