Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Benioff's Gemini Man

It's Jerry Bruckheimer, what do you expect? Well, not a lot, but it's Benioff!

I was terribly disappointed with the script. It's soooo run-of-the-mill. Boring characters. Mildly interesting plot. The action sequences are just okay. Boring female, with nothing to say and not much to do except shoot and talk.

The script features an interesting element at the end: the army location. I was expecting the finale to make the most of that location. It didn't. Perhaps that's where the action needed to take place for a good portion of the script? The action should have moved there around page 60-65. The best idea was not fully exploited.

Benioff being a huge fan of Greek mythology brings in some of that knowledge to the script but never fully realises the ideas. I guess another draft was done. It needs it.

It's a typical Tony Scott or Michael Bay film.

David Benioff is incredibly talented, but this script was just a job. It reads like one.
    "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Re: Mr Benioff's Gemini Man

Thanks for the extra information. I haven't read the other drafts.
    Telling it from the clone's POV is what it needs. At least there'd be some character drama. I can see that film.
    "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

Re: Mr Benioff's Gemini Man

If you're interested in great Benioff writing, his new novel, "City of Thieves", is terrific. So far no movie sale, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
      X