Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your script recommendations

I know there's already a best script thread. But I'm wondering if you guys have read any good scripts lately. The last ten I've started have all been lame. I've lost a bit of faith.

Since I review these things here, I can't give you any surprises, but my recent favorites have been...

500 DAYS OF SUMMER
    THE ORNATE ANATOMY OF LIVING THINGS
    BRAD CUTTER RUINED MY LIFE AGAIN

I need more suggestions!
    Last edited by ScriptShadow; 01-28-2009, 01:19 PM.
    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Re: Need your script recommendations

I would say make the next script you read SOON I WILL BE INVINCIBLE. You won't be able to put it down.

Comment

Cool, I have that one.

Comment

Dying to hear what you think of it. I thought it was one of the most polished, deepest and entertaining scripts I've ever read...and have not met a single other person yet who was nearly as excited about it as I was. And you read a lot, so this will be a good barometer.

Comment

Man, way to put on the pressure Geoff!

The only one you've recommended highly that I couldn't get into (granted some I haven't been able to find) was Iron Jack. Not because it wasn't a skillfully written piece but the subject matter just wasn't my thing. You loved that script though, right?

I'm the first to admit I have inconsistent taste. I love a good rom com with an edge. I like goofy comedies. I also like weird "out there" stuff (the aforementioned Ornate Anatomy of Living Things) and good focused sci-fi (Source Code). A solid thriller is always good. Anything outside those genres has to literally be great for me to like.
          Last edited by ScriptShadow; 01-28-2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Talbott/McQuarrie draft of THE STANFORD PRISON EXPERIMENT.
            "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

COUNTDOWN was fun. A lot of fun. Won't be earthshaking, but it was a good read, based on an old Twilight Zone Episode.

Comment

Loooooooooved IRON JACK. However, I'm extremely predisposed to a script that isn't afraid to just be as wrong as possible the whole way through. But I remember laughing out loud at that one at several points, which never, ever happens with me and scripts. By the time I had sent my recommendation into the studio, the asking price, I believe, was already hovering around $1 million.

We'll see what happens if it gets made. But rest assured, no matter what, that SIWBI is a TOTALLY different script.

Comment

Originally posted by goosetown View Post
                  Loooooooooved IRON JACK. However, I'm extremely predisposed to a script that isn't afraid to just be as wrong as possible the whole way through. But I remember laughing out loud at that one at several points, which never, ever happens with me and scripts. By the time I had sent my recommendation into the studio, the asking price, I believe, was already hovering around $1 million.
                  This makes me want to give it another chance.

Ralphy, did you see "Das Experiment?" Good flick.

Comment

Originally posted by wilsoneads View Post
                    This makes me want to give it another chance.
                    When it came to me, Sacha Baron Cohen was already attached. Read the script again thinking of Iron Jack as a cross between Cohen's Bruno character and Indiana Jones and let me know if it strikes you differently.

Comment

Originally posted by wilsoneads View Post
                      I'm the first to admit I have inconsistent taste. I love a good rom com with an edge. I like goofy comedies. I also like weird "out there" stuff (the aforementioned Ornate Anatomy of Living Things) and good focused sci-fi (Source Code). A solid thriller is always good. Anything outside those genres has to literally be great for me to like.
                      I've just read Source Code. I loved it! Solidly written.

Comment

Ruined by the sucky Deja Vu. Very sad about that. Would love to see it get made.

Comment

Working...
                        X