Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln

Seeing as how February 12, 2009, is Honest Abe's 200th birthday, it seems fitting to start a thread about Spielberg's long-delayed film project Lincoln.

Any news, gossip, rumors that Done Dealers care to share? Steven has gone through three screenwriters already: John Logan (hack - was he fired?), Paul Webb (newbie - and a rather curious choice, being English), and Tony Kushner (pro - probably should have been the go-to guy from the get-go), and there's still no movie in sight.

Are there working drafts by any of the above scribes floating around that could be sent my way?

Besides John Ford's Young Mr. Lincoln (largely fiction), there isn't a decent film about #16 that I can watch today to commemorate the occasion.

Re: Lincoln

I'm still mad they didn't have Lost-style flashforwards in the HBO series "John Adams" showing Lincoln.
    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

But Lincoln did show up in Star Trek so that counts for something, right?

Comment

I've only ever been able to find the Paul Webb draft.

It does seem strange Spielberg keeps putting it off - especially this year being the bicentennial of his birth and with Obama as President and all the talk about the connection there. C'mon, Steven.

Comment

I didn't even know this project was in existence till I read about it in this thread.

I am getting a bad vibe about it, sort of like with "Water World" and "The Postman" and "Howard the Duck."

And I don't know about Tony Kushner. He's a good writer ... but he might overemphasize the "Log Cabin Republican" aspect of the story. Heh.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

I'm kicking mutant ass with Lincoln's Repeater in Fallout 3.

Comment

Originally posted by benskelly View Post
              I've only ever been able to find the Paul Webb draft.
              Care to share?

Comment

No prob. Check your email.

Comment

agit,

Something you might be interested in...

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=44827

EJ

Comment

Slightly OT, I'm really interested in reading McQuarrie's "John Wilkes Boothe" script, if someone would like to help out a newbie. McQuarrie's interview on Creative Screenwriting's podcast was very listenable.

Comment

agit, it's been announced officially on imdb. Kushner's been selected to pen the script. He was also recently interviewed during the making of this documentary about Lincoln, which is being shown on PBS. It's a really thoughtful documentary. Hope you get to see it.

During the interview with Kushner, he said that he was 'scared' to attempt to portray Lincoln. I won't give you any additional spoilers. But thought you might like to know that he is actually in this Doc.

http://www.sj-r.com/homepage/x184142...premier-on-PBS

better yet, you can watch it here:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/lookingforlincoln/
                      Last edited by theblondewritr; 02-15-2009, 04:54 PM.
                      si

Comment

Working...
                      X