Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF or hard copy?

just a little straw poll...how many people here are actually comfortable reading scripts on PDF? (by this I mean not printing it out but actually reading the script at your computer/laptop screen).

Lest I betray my age on this, I find that more complex scripts seem to be harder to read on PDF and necessitate the environmentally-evil printing out. Shorter 100 pagers (ala The Sitter, The Batchelorette) seem to be a little more tolerable on PDF.

Thoughts?

Re: PDF or hard copy?

Working as a reader, I'll be honest and say that an environmentally evil hard copy of a script gets more attention from me. It feels more like a book, I can sit down somewhere comfortable and get really sink into the script.
    Reading on my computer, at home or the office is a bit distracting, especially at the office.
    Emails pop up, instant messages, phone calls, the usual stuff at an office.

Comment

I only read in PDF, unless I am handed a hardcopy. Hardcopy's also a lot harder for me to get into.

However, I hate ebooks. Can't read them. It's strange.
      For more of my thoughts on screenwriting, check out my blog.
      Jonny Atlas Writes!

- Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Comment

Hard copy all the way. I need something tangible in my hands. Same with my own work.
        @PatriotFrames

Comment

go with the toilet paper printing. and read it during your daily dump. at least if it's a crappy script it has another use.

Comment

Hard copy. The words just feel different on a screen. But in my defense, I use 100% recycled paper.

Comment

Ditto although finding a source of recycled paper is difficult (I now use a buddy who works at a TV station where they get through reams of paper a day without bothering to print double side).

I find that scripts with a lot of dialogue only (Go The Distance and The Sitter come to mind) are manageable on PDF alone. But if I'm reading something like Edwin A Salt or Galahad (lots of action description), hard copy is better.

Comment

PDF all the way.
                "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

PDF so I can read the thing on my iPod while I smoke a fat cigar and take notes on my laptop.

Plus, I can't get coffee stains on a PDF!
                  Words... they don't arrange themselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X