Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphan... a must read.

Have anyone read Orphan yet? It's a thriller about this husband and wife who adopts a 8 year-old girl, but something turns out very unnerving about the little girl and very bad, or shall I say -- cruel things start happening to the family that so lovingly accepted her as their own.

It's a good script and paced almost flawlessly. If you get a chance to read it, definitely do.

Re: Orphan... a must read.

Originally posted by iwritetoo View Post
    Have anyone read Orphan yet? It's a thriller about this husband and wife who adopts a 8 year-old girl, but something turns out very unnerving about the little girl and very bad, or shall I say -- cruel things start happening to the family that so lovingly accepted her as their own.

It's a good script and paced almost flawlessly. If you get a chance to read it, definitely do.
    It one of the better examples of how to execute a genre piece that you will find. One of my favorite people in town made that movie--hopefully it will do well, if not, I'm pretty sure they will do alright with Sherlock Holmes...

Comment

Maybe I'll have to read it again. I definitely want to see it but wasn't super impressed with the script. The dialogue was a little too OTN I thought.

oh well...

brad
      People will think what I tell them to think when you tell what to tell them to think. ~ H. Simpson on being a critic

http://www.mediafire.com/pop17scripts

Comment

This sounds like a twist on the recent JOSHUA....
        http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
          This sounds like a twist on the recent JOSHUA....
          It read like a twist on my nipple.

I'll still watch it though. Most "horror" flicks that I watch aren't as good as the scripts... or vice versa. That genre is hard to nail both the on-paper version and the on-screen version.

brad

ETA: Plus, I don't have super high hopes for a movie when the trailer says things like: "You'll never guess how it ends" (or whatever it says) - that's lame. It screams "Hey! We don't have a great story so please stay until the end!!!"
          People will think what I tell them to think when you tell what to tell them to think. ~ H. Simpson on being a critic

http://www.mediafire.com/pop17scripts

Comment

The trailer looked incredibly weak and generic.

Comment

Originally posted by Population17 View Post
              It read like a twist on my nipple.

I'll still watch it though. Most "horror" flicks that I watch aren't as good as the scripts... or vice versa. That genre is hard to nail both the on-paper version and the on-screen version.

brad

ETA: Plus, I don't have super high hopes for a movie when the trailer says things like: "You'll never guess how it ends" (or whatever it says) - that's lame. It screams "Hey! We don't have a great story so please stay until the end!!!"
              I suspect that the script is better than the finished film. I don't like the way they cast the little girl at all. Fortunately, though, they did go back and reshoot the original ending.

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                I suspect that the script is better than the finished film. I don't like the way they cast the little girl at all. Fortunately, though, they did go back and reshoot the original ending.

yeah, the script IMO was very good. hopefully the movie that's produced follows the script beat by beat.

Comment

Just peeped it.

Eerie.

The ending played EXACTLY like my post-4-20 breakfast binge / quasi-date-rape at hugo's last year.

Comment

Does anybody have a readable version of this? The one I have is scanned and is like fire on my eyes everytime I try to get through a page.
                    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think I have this one, Wilson, at my Media Fire account.
                      http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Coolio. Time for a little download action.
                        Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

I read about thirty-five pages of this the other day then got distracted by a raisin that I SWEAR was a dead ringer for Lindsay Lohan. Holy crap, it was eerie.

(The raisin, I mean.)
                          "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

The script is good but the trailer for this is simply too generic. The casting, especially the little girl, is also weak. Not sure if finished film will turn out to be as interesting as the read.

Comment

Working...
                            X