• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo! New Script For Everybody

Hey All --

First the script, then the explanation -

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0...e6ba49b5870170

It's THE BONE ORCHARD by M. D. Presley, to be directed by John Landis. They are going out to actors this week.

Log Line: Pursued by a relentless Texas Ranger, a fugitive brother and sister seek refuge in an Old West train town, confronting a Chinese ‘Jiang Shi’, as Eastern Horror meets American Western.

Landis describes it here as his "Western with Chinese vampires" - http://www.fearnet.com/news/b13697_m...n_of_john.html

So why am I posting this?

Because the writer, Matt, asked me to. He has never been on DD, but he is excited to get his work out, get it read and talked about. He's understandably very excited about his movie going into pre-production, especially with Landis at the helm and back doing horror again. Can you blame him? Plus Matt happens to be a very nice guy to boot. So, here you go...enjoy, discuss, pass it around.

Feels nice to have writer-approval to share a script no one has. And to make it so NOBODY can use it as a trade.

Come back after you've read it and give your review.

Last edited by benskelly; 08-16-2009, 09:03 PM.

Re: Yo! New Script For Everybody

Good luck to him and thanks for posting.

Comment

I'm halfway through this - and it's very good. Fiercely original. The spin on Vampire and Chinese mythology is also very well done. I think John Landis could do the "Vampire Western" genre justice.
      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by benskelly View Post
        Feels nice to have writer-approval to share a script no one has. And to make it so NOBODY can use it as a trade.
        Yeah, but Gillyflower will still not approve. She hates the notion of sharing screenplays.
        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I added it to my MF account!
          http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Such a breath of fresh air a writer sharing his work on DD..

Nice one..

Unlike those tossers over at pdfscreenpvssyes.com who are a bunch of elitist wotsits!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevan View Post
              Such a breath of fresh air a writer sharing his work on DD..

Unlike those tossers over at pdfscreenpvssyes.com who are a bunch of elitist wotsits!
              Loving the originality.
              "Am I making sense?"

Comment

Not trying to make a boo-boo out of this -- I mean I think it's great to be able to read this script -- but...

...I thought it was a big no-no for a writer going through development to leak the script -- seeing as how it's now owned by the prodco and studios.

Comment

It happens all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of what we get online originates (indirectly) from the writers themselves.

And publicity is a good thing - everybody wins.

Comment

Thanks for posting it. I'll bump it up on the TO READ list.
                    "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

Originally posted by benskelly View Post
                      It happens all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of what we get online originates (indirectly) from the writers themselves.

And publicity is a good thing - everybody wins.
                      Makes sense to me... if the script gets radically altered (ie: some A-list actor wants to rewrite the dialogue) then the writer's original draft is out there still.
                      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevan View Post

Indeed.
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Awesome! Going to give this a read pronto! Thanks Matt!
                          Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

I once corrected John Landis on movie trivia. I was a P.A. so I could have been instantly fired I guess, but I actually ended up having a short but cool conversation with him about how Star Wars lifted from The Hidden Fortress (I jumped in because he was calling it Forbidden Fortress and his A.D. had no idea what he was talking about) or how Reservoir Dogs is cribbed from City on Fire. Only worked with him the one day but that was probably the highlight of my sporadic career in production assistantry. That, and the time Ray Wise gave me his best Leland Palmer smile and said Good Morning.

No time to read this script but I will be checking the movie out for sure. Landis is solid.

Comment

The author here - Mr. Rabbit can verify when I say that BO did not have a logline in imbd.

As to why the script was posted, well, it's simply drug dealing 101 here - once you've tasted the milk, you'll have to buy the cow. Or go watch the cow on the big screen. Or some other mixed metaphor.

Truly it's a pretty straight forward script, so there's no reason to be all Nolan about it or anything. It is as Landis described it: A Chinese Vampire Western.

So please read it and if you like it, please tell your friends about it and tell them to tell their friends. If you didn't like it, I hope you get hit by a car.

And if you can find the historical inaccuracies I'll give you a horkin' big no-prize.

Comment

Working...
                              X