Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Worst Writers In The World

Moviefill blog blames the writers, not the directors for the duds on his list of 14 Worst Writers... a couple of surprises (Gough/Millar, Orci/Kurtzman)

I do not agree with his assessment as all these writers cashed checks and moved on to their next projects, but amusing nonetheless

http://moviefill.com/14-Worst-Writer...llywood-18229/
    "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Re: 14 Worst Writers In The World

He seems to have a romantic comedy bias, but I'd have put Tommy Wiseau at the top of that list.

Comment

Worst Writers In The World
      I'm sorry, but I've got that ticket all sown up. When I read my old stuff back the embarassment is... well never mind... those successfull produced writers just don't stand a chance next to my long running zilch success story and the writing to merit it.

I'd possibly entertain someone else being joint first with me... but nobody and I mean... (yes mine has predictability, cliche's the works... ) nobody... NOBODY is worse than me.

Thank you for reading - that doesn't very often happen.

Comment

Have to disagree with Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci being on that list.

Comment

You can't pass judgment on the writer(s) unless you've read the SP. Nuff said.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Seconded.

They reference Star Trek as the exception that proves the rule, and then proceed to list a collection of films that are widely considered successful in one regard or another. Since when do intelligent people believe that artistic merit and the ability to entertain an audience are mutually exclusive? I hate film snobs. And I'm allowed to. I used to be one of them.
            Aaaa! Gobble gobble gobble gobble!

Comment

Originally posted by stvnlra View Post
              You can't pass judgment on the writer(s) unless you've read the SP. Nuff said.
              "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
              - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Seems like a pretty ignorant list to me. Some of the movies listed weren't actually written by who they have listed as the writer (for example, Stephen Sommers as the writer of the GI Joe movie).

Comment

utterly nonsensical
                  "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
                  -Maya Angelou

Comment

I love how it lists Kim Barker as a terrible screenwriter because, "[her scripts] rely on completely implausible notions like Robin Williams as a priest and that Sandra Bullock looks good with blonde hair." Because we all know how much input the writer has in casting and makeup/wardrobe decisions...

Just another person who doesn't understand how a movie is made, or who's responsible for which decisions during their production.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Culver View Post
                      I hate film snobs. And I'm allowed to. I used to be one of them.
                      Here-here. I'm a reformed film-snob too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Culver View Post
                        Since when do intelligent people believe that artistic merit and the ability to entertain an audience are mutually exclusive?
                        Since a long time ago. The less plot a film has, and the more "mood" and incomprehensible twists and unsympathetic characters it contains, the better critics and film snobs will like it. If in addition to all these points the story (such as it is) has little to no resolution, the film's pretty much guaranteed rave reviews from that crowd. Even if it's the most incredibly boring, unwatchable film in the world.
                        "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                        ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlocks View Post
                          Since a long time ago. The less plot a film has, and the more "mood" and incomprehensible twists and unsympathetic characters it contains, the better critics and film snobs will like it. If in addition to all these points the story (such as it is) has little to no resolution, the film's pretty much guaranteed rave reviews from that crowd. Even if it's the most incredibly boring, unwatchable film in the world.

Music to my ears...
                          Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

I like the type of stuff Raven and Umo hate.

ETA: That said, I'm a reformed film snob, too. I like pretty much anything that resonates with me.
                            Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"
                            Ever notice how 'monogamy' rhymes with 'monotony'?" -- Christian Troy

Comment

Working...
                            X