Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror/fantasy

Looking for unproduced scripts in the vein of Killing On Carnival Row and The Many Deaths Of Barnaby James. I don't know if Carson's guest reviewer Roger frequents these boards, but I'm sure he's got a few suggestions. What about the rest of you?
    Aaaa! Gobble gobble gobble gobble!

Re: Horror/fantasy

You could check out Atlas by Ben Magid. It's a thriller about a netherworld detective hunting down a serial killer who is murdering faeries. More fantasy than horror, but pretty well executed. Opening scene is pretty cool and really sets the tone.

My two cents about these types of scripts: They'd cost a FORTUNE to make. And they don't have a built-in audience (like Harry Potter). So they'll probably never get made. Studios just won't spend that type of money on an untested property. Having said that, it's a good writing sample, I suppose?
    "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
    - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

Re: Horror/fantasy

That's how I look at it. I think they're a challenge, and if written well they're bad ass. I'd love to have a sample like that.
      Aaaa! Gobble gobble gobble gobble!

Comment

Working...
      X