Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Blair, Rice, Colin:Would this make a good SCREENPLAY?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Blair, Rice, Colin:Would this make a good SCREENPLAY?

"Stuff Happens" is a controversial British play about the inception the Iraq war. The play got a fantastic reception for its American debut in Los Angeles.The David Hare play looks at the complicated diplomatic torments leading up to the war and clearly hints about ex-President Bush's plan to invade Iraq even before the Sept. 11 attacks. Would this make a great screenplay? Would an Oliver Stone or Tarantino spin do justice to this script adaptation? I'm sure George Clooney and his managers/agents are trying to secure the rights?

http://theater.nytimes.com/2006/04/1...ws/14stuf.html

http://us.macmillan.com/stuffhappens
    Last edited by Gamekeeper; 11-10-2009, 09:06 AM.

Re: Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Blair, Rice, Colin:Would this make a good SCREENPLAY?

Eh. If this were to become a film, I wouldn't be spending $14 to see it. If I want a political agenda, I'll go read the paper. I watch movies for entertainment and to forget how much real life sucks.
    "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
    ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Re: Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Blair, Rice, Colin:Would this make a good SCREENPLAY?

Oliver Stone spin?

Did you see W.? -- there's a pretty long and involved scene (11 minutes) that covers the purported
      pre-war thought process of some of the key players.

Comment

Enough is enough already. People don't want to rehash this stuff again. Maybe they can get a small following to see it on stage, but it would flop as a film -- even with Clooney in it (although I don't think he'd do it).

Comment

Working...
        X