BLACK LIST 2009 - Your Prediction for Dec.11 ?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLACK LIST 2009 - Your Prediction for Dec.11 ?

The Black List comes out Dec.11.
    http://www.blcklst.com/tbl/
    Any predictions?
    Last edited by Ben; 11-11-2009, 04:57 PM.
    You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
    Paul Harvey
    -
    -
    -

Re: BLACK LIST 2009 - Your Prediction for Dec.11 ?

My mom always told me I was on her black list. So I got that going for me.

Comment

It looks as thought it's been made open to the "public".

Comment

Originally posted by carcar View Post
        It looks as thought it's been made open to the "public".
        No. It's still only voted on by execs.

Comment

I hope some of us get on it -- good luck everyone. I don't know if any people voting read our script, but it's fun to dream.

Comment

Sorkin's Facebook script will be on there.

I wouldn't be surprised if KRISTY got a couple votes. I'm sure BURIED will get a vote. PRISONERS might get a few votes.

Comment

* cough *
              www.therobotard8000.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheRobotard8000 View Post
                * cough *
                Is that the kind of cough you make when the doctor cups your testicles?

Comment

Originally posted by jcgary View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if KRISTY got a couple votes. I'm sure BURIED will get a vote. PRISONERS might get a few votes.
                  These are all in some form of pre-production, no? Isn't the Blacklist "the best unproduced scripts" in Hollwood? I thought the whole point was to bring attention to deserving scripts that have been overlooked. It's pretty lame if the execs choose 100 scripts (from their clients) that are already being dev'd.
                  "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
                  - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by jcgary View Post

Those are all guarantees, if they qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
                      These are all in some form of pre-production, no? Isn't the Blacklist "the best unproduced scripts" in Hollwood? I thought the whole point was to bring attention to deserving scripts that have been overlooked. It's pretty lame if the execs choose 100 scripts (from their clients) that are already being dev'd.
                      Last year Inglourious Basterds got twenty-some votes, even though it had already started shooting in October.

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
                        Last year Inglourious Basterds got twenty-some votes, even though it had already started shooting in October.
                        That's a bummer. I don't think Tarantino needed a career boost, nor does it illustrate any creative thinking on the parts of the voting execs. At that point, all the Blacklist is, is a script contest for repped writers. [fart noise]
                        "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
                        - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

It's hard to make any predictions about the Black List because some agents and managers push hard for their client's material to be included and some don't. And some great scripts are slipped to a few production companies and sell quickly and therefore didn't get read all over town.

I would expect that even more managers/agents will be trying to game the list this year because of the market. It will be interesting to see the results--but I wouldn't expect the numbers to be a perfect reflection of the year's most interesting unproduced scripts.

Comment

@Loopdesign: LOL! You hit the nail on the head. This is exactly how I feel about the BL.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

How can Sorkin's Facebook script be up there if they are shooting it? And he was hired to do the script? I thought it was supposed to be scripts that are not slated for production...

Comment

Working...
                              X