"Old Boy" Dreamworks ver pdf script(encl). Hammer time?Seriously!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Old Boy" Dreamworks ver pdf script(encl). Hammer time?Seriously!

I worship the power of Chak Woon Park's movie and story. In this screenplay adaptation by Ernesto M. Foronda and Fabian Morquez, interested to know your opinion of the NOTORIOUS HAMMER fight. Is it well written with "visual kinetic flare"? I was expecting a script with the style David S. Goyer. Instead I got this, formatted as clean as a house. Reads like a Martha Steward-like script. Shyt. What the hell did I just read? Are we back in first year film school? I pray to God, they get somone REAL QUICK to do a re-write. WHAT THE FKCK WAS HOLLYWOOD THINKING? Are they going to get someone to adapt CHASER next? Don't worry no one's gonna watch Dreamwork's Old Boy version. Are you?
    File name: Oldboy_dreamworks_version.pdf
    Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nrnmyjvzom1
    Last edited by Gamekeeper; 11-15-2009, 11:00 AM.

Re: "Old Boy" Dreamworks ver pdf script(encl). Hammer time?Seriously!

Why the alias Ben?

Comment

Because he had enough being toyed around?

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by NoNeckJoe View Post
        Why the alias Ben?
        Again, maybe if you guys say his name 10 times again like Instant Karma said, he might come back. Creepy stuff. Noneckjoe, since you replied, did you read script or parts? Your thoughts?

Comment

I knew they would have to make substantial changes to the ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamekeeper View Post
            WHAT THE FKCK WAS HOLLYWOOD THINKING? Are they going to get someone to adapt CHASER next?
            Yes. Lee Patterson is adapting it, or XL as he's known on this board. So it's in good hands. Don't believe me? Read Snatched.
            Last edited by RyanJackson; 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM. Reason: Because I ain't no punk b!tch.
            Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
              I knew they would have to make substantial changes to the ending.
              Given that it's based on the original manga (in theory -- I haven't read this script yet) that's no surprise.

Chan-wook Park's version was different from the source material.

I wish the remake had gone through so more people would learn about Chan-wook Park's version like many did with Ringu, Grudge, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cth View Post
                Given that it's based on the original manga (in theory -- I haven't read this script yet) that's no surprise.
                It isn't. It says right on the title page, "Based on the film by Chak Woon Park."

Yes, spelled exactly like that.

Comment

It isn't. It says right on the title page, "Based on the film by Chak Woon Park."

WOW. How do you totally misspell the guy's name?
                  Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

Right, I understand that, but all the discussions/news/etc stated otherwise.

It's a simple mistake to make. Just taking a quick glance through the script, it looks like it uses the manga as inspiration.

I'm guessing for pitching purposes saying it's based on the film would help it's chances more than based on a comic.

With that spelling error, it's not hard to believe

Comment

The link tells me to use a supported browser. Firefox is no longer a supported browser?
                      "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                      ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Working...
                      X