Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rides off into the sunset

I'm trying to find a script where the protog finds innerpeace, acceptance, closure, etc., and just fades into the ending.

several westerns come to mind, but I am looking for something a little more timely with political/social events of the 60s/70s.

any couple suggestions appreciated
    Echo

Re: Rides off into the sunset

Originally posted by Butch Jarvinen View Post
    I'm trying to find a script where the protog finds innerpeace, acceptance, closure, etc., and just fades into the ending.

several westerns come to mind, but I am looking for something a little more timely with political/social events of the 60s/70s.

Echo
    Michael Clayton

Comment

Echo
      Dfferent millenium (2009), but that's exactly what Clooney's character does in Up in the Air.

Comment

Backdraft (1991).

The end scene with the fire truck going to the fire and the score by Hans Zimmer swelling in the background still gets me to this day.

It is one of Ron Howard's early works that focus on people in extraordinary, but blue collar jobs and how they cope with adversity while not being supermen/women.
        Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

I can seem to find any of the mentioned scripts on "Simply Scripts".

I have however, been bouncing around in IMBDpro, getting some ideas of scripts to look for. - I don't think Simply Scripts has all those that are available.

Anyone have another source?
          thanks
          Echo

Comment

I can seem to find any of the mentioned scripts on "Simply Scripts".

I have however, been bouncing around in IMBDpro, getting some ideas of scripts to look for. - I don't think Simply Scripts has all those that are available.

Anyone have another source?
            thanks
            Echo
            With all due respect...

You don't need to study a script to write this ending.

This ending comes from the story itself. You have to construct the story, so this ending is appropriate for the characters and resonates within the context of your story.

No amount of studying a script can force this emotional resonance to magically appear. You have to create this ending yourself via how you execute your story.
            Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

so, WB, what I'm hearing you say; reading good scripts won't help a writer fine tune their work.

OK, nuff of this thread
              Echo

Comment

Now wb, this is where you usually go off the rails. So, please don't start badgering him.

Comment

Working...
                X