Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science Fiction Scripts

Can anyone recommend any awesome science fiction scripts. I'm looking for some good ones and would like to see what everybody liked.

Maybe write a few words describing what it's about so everyone who comes in here will know what is what.
    We Are Legion.

Re: Science Fiction Scripts

Spaihts is the Sci-Fi king right now, so I'd start with his stuff. Passengers, The Darkest Hour, etc. Magid's, Invasion got a lot of heat last year too, but for my money, Spaiht's the man.
    "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
    - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

All you Need is Kill was also an amazing read. Also, The Days Before and Source Code had similar "timeloop" plots but they each branched out in different paths and are all great for different reasons.

Renko Vega and the Jennifer 9 was interesting. I wanted to love it, but it felt a little undercooked. Same with Pincushion, although that was more post-apocalyptic than sci-fi. Both worth a read though

Spaiths is the king of sci-fi scripts, so I'd save those for last as something special.

Gravity - A Space Suspense in 3D, was a fun ride but a little repetitive and hollow.

David Twohy's Uprising is a blast, and his new Riddick script was a fun little brutal script.

That should get you started!

Comment

Oh and loop design's signature reminded me - if you're looking for a sci-fi comedy I'd check out simon pegg's PAUL. Hilarious alien road-trip movie.

Comment

I'm about to read Uprising. Must check Passengers out too.
          @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
            Spaihts is the Sci-Fi king right now, so I'd start with his stuff. Passengers, The Darkest Hour, etc. Magid's, Invasion got a lot of heat last year too, but for my money, Spaiht's the man.
            I don't have Darkest Hour but I do have Passengers and his other one.

I've read The days before and enjoyed it a lot. I do have sourcecode.

I started reading Gravity and got bored with it. Big Time.

Would love to get my hands on
            -Darkest Hour
            -Invasion
            -Uprising
            -The New Riddick

Thanks guys. I'll have to look into these!
            We Are Legion.

Comment

I think most of those are in RX Pirate's MF file.

Dark Destroyer

Comment

yeah there's probably links for all of those in there.

I think that was an early draft of Gravity, so I bet they've worked out the kinks. Robert Downey Jr. has his pick of roles, so I'd bet he's impressed with the latest version. Cool role for him too. Too bad Jolie dropped out, it would've been cool seeing both of them bring their A-game to a hard sci fi script.

Also - I'm Mortal by Andrew Niccol is probably freaking amazing. Check out GATTACA too if you haven't seen it.

The Vault by Brian K Vaughan was fun, but if you didn't like the style of ROUNDTABLE I wouldn't read it.

Attack the Block was a cool British "Assault on Precinct 13" type of alien-invasion thriller.

Comment

Heard great things about "Rogue Star", supposed to be in the vein of Alien. Still have to read it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_and_Vital View Post
                    I don't have Darkest Hour but I do have Passengers and his other one.

Would love to get my hands on
                    -Darkest Hour
                    -Invasion
                    -Uprising
                    LImama has these too. PM me if you can't find and I'll send.
                    "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."

Comment

Originally posted by tinman01 View Post
                      Heard great things about "Rogue Star", supposed to be in the vein of Alien. Still have to read it though.
                      Rogue Star was good, and does read kind of like a like Alien (albeit a more "generic" version) but I'm not sure if it'd be worth reading now (in 2010). It'd probably feel really dated. I guess if you're student/fan of the genre it might be worthwhile.

Comment

I actually hated Rogue Star. 60 pages in, I had zero idea what was going on. I don't think the writer did either.

Anyway, I read ALL YOU NEED IS KILL the other night, and it's fvcking awesome. Was kind of like ID4 meets Gears of War. Really well written too.

Check it out, it's in RX's "Fresh Plunder" folder.
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

All You Need is kill is like Gears Of War meets Ground Hog Day.
                          Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

All You Need Is Kill will hit Days Before hard; maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauchita View Post
                              All You Need Is Kill will hit Days Before hard; maybe.
                              You might be right about that Gauchita. They're similar stories. If AYNIK (or Days Before) comes out first on the big screen and it tanks, it will definitely, most likely kill the other project (or at least send the other into limbo). With that said, if AYNIK (or Days Before) comes out first and does well, then the other will definitely benefit from that success, and be pumped out ASAP.
                              Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

Working...
                              X