Thrillers, sci-fi and drama?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Thrillers, sci-fi and drama?

    Originally posted by Jules View Post
    It didn't sell. Energy ent are trying to produce enterally.
    Really? I swore it was mid against high six figures.
    QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Thrillers, sci-fi and drama?

      Originally posted by Raw_and_Vital View Post
      Do you have I'm Mortal by chance?
      Yes, but I can't send it because to the terms I agreed to one site with large library (most will know which one), the scripts can't be share outside and they can be tracked to you. If they do, you are banned.

      But when I listed I'm Mortal, I thought it was already making rounds because it has been available for a while.

      I would love to send it you, but I can't.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Thrillers, sci-fi and drama?

        Originally posted by Knaight View Post
        Really? I swore it was mid against high six figures.
        I don't think so, but maybe Terrance can offer insight, as he was with Energy for a while. Question mark. I think it didn't sell, but got him a gig writing a He Man movie.

        something about those one on one thriller that really draws you in.
        It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Thrillers, sci-fi and drama?

          Twohy's draft of UPRISING was so much fun. I can't say enough good things about it. I liked THE DAYS BEFORE a lot, but I enjoyed UPRISING much more. It was like an old fashioned WW2 movie - THE GREAT ESCAPE maybe - set in the future. If you like kick ass type of things - which I really, really do it's just great.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Thrillers, sci-fi and drama?

            Originally posted by Jules View Post
            I don't think so, but maybe Terrance can offer insight, as he was with Energy for a while. Question mark. I think it didn't sell, but got him a gig writing a He Man movie.

            something about those one on one thriller that really draws you in.
            I don't think it sold. It's still in development though - with Energy as co-producers.

            Shrapnel landed him the Grayskull gig (among a few other projects. Nightshift being one of them) - and I think he's currently writing a big JJ Abrams movie too. So he's doing fine. The script still served as a solid writing sample.

            Originally posted by seh View Post
            Twohy's draft of UPRISING was so much fun. I can't say enough good things about it. I liked THE DAYS BEFORE a lot, but I enjoyed UPRISING much more. It was like an old fashioned WW2 movie - THE GREAT ESCAPE maybe - set in the future. If you like kick ass type of things - which I really, really do it's just great.
            Ditto, Seh. One of my all time favs. Love Twohy.
            Last edited by Terrance Mulloy; 07-15-2010, 07:48 PM.
            @TerranceMulloy

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Thrillers, sci-fi and drama?

              Cool to read about all the love for Twohy's UPRISING. Definitely one of the best sci-fi scripts I ever read. I think it was once described as being "THE GREAT ESCAPE with aliens", sums it up perfectly.

              What I really liked about this script is the no-nonsense/ totally ruthless way this alien rule takes place. No "V" like BS about aliens trying to befriend us while having hidden, sinister motives. The aliens in UPRISING have the superior technology and use it to literally enslave the humans, and they destroy everything/ everyone that gets in their way.
              One minor gripe I have though is with the title. According to Twohy it was originally called THE BREAK (short for prison break), a more fitting title, since this movie isn't really about a prisoner uprising, but about a...well, prison break.

              Also, I once again recommend Twohy's never used script for ALIEN 3. That one also shows his mastery in sci-fi (with an edge) and already echos his later work like the Riddick movies. It's widely available on the Net and a few years back it was even the cause of rumors (a lobby?) to get him to write the new ALIEN movie. Great stuff!

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Thrillers, sci-fi and drama?

                Originally posted by tinman01 View Post
                Cool to read about all the love for Twohy's UPRISING. Definitely one of the best sci-fi scripts I ever read. I think it was once described as being "THE GREAT ESCAPE with aliens", sums it up perfectly.

                What I really liked about this script is the no-nonsense/ totally ruthless way this alien rule takes place. No "V" like BS about aliens trying to befriend us while having hidden, sinister motives. The aliens in UPRISING have the superior technology and use it to literally enslave the humans, and they destroy everything/ everyone that gets in their way.
                One minor gripe I have though is with the title. According to Twohy it was originally called THE BREAK (short for prison break), a more fitting title, since this movie isn't really about a prisoner uprising, but about a...well, prison break.

                Also, I once again recommend Twohy's never used script for ALIEN 3. That one also shows his mastery in sci-fi (with an edge) and already echos his later work like the Riddick movies. It's widely available on the Net and a few years back it was even the cause of rumors (a lobby?) to get him to write the new ALIEN movie. Great stuff!
                I think UPRISING is a great title for the script. It works thematically, even if it's not quite as on the mark as THE BREAK. Such a great screenplay. The protagonist was awesome, and one of the many things that made it so good.

                I think THE DAYS BEFORE has the edge for me, but just barely. I just loved the tone. The story doesn't have as much depth as UPRISING, but it's still a good one, and it's fun as hell. The concept is one of the best alien concepts I've seen in a long time. It's just a damn good ride and I could see myself watching the DVD monthly.
                QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

                Comment

                Working...
                X