Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Rush

Anyone read this? Sounds intriguing, though what I can find about it online seems at times vague.

Re: Premium Rush

Yes. I enjoyed it.

It's been a while but I think it's about this guy who must deliver a package to a location in 90 minutes. I remember the back story but not 100% on what was in the package. That's part of the mystery though. It's a thriller, quite a bit of action. Fun read.

I'd recommend it.
    Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

It's a rather strong, interesting, specific kind of thriller that doesn't try to do too much. It's smart writing and probably would be instructive to young writers because it's fast and propulsive and doesn't stray from its premise. It's not going to win any awards, but that's not the point.

Comment

Awesome, thanks. Will put on my "To Watch" list for 2012.

Comment

I remember reading it when ScriptShadow did a review: in my opinion, great for seeing how to write action but came off as one prolonged chase sequence...though the fact the main character's on a bicycle could be cool. And JGL is a really good actor, so I'll probably at least check this out on DVD if not in the theater.

Comment

^ what he said about the prolonged bike chase.

Nothing particularly clever in the story, but overall a solid script and very well executed. Although the Manny character didn't resonate for me.

Weaving in and out of traffic scenes will be great to see on the big screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky1288 View Post
              Yes. I enjoyed it.

It's been a while but I think it's about this guy who must deliver a package to a location in 90 minutes. I remember the back story but not 100% on what was in the package. That's part of the mystery though. It's a thriller, quite a bit of action. Fun read.

I'd recommend it.
              Yeah I read PR a while ago too. It was an enjoyable read. I believe the package contained a account number of underground Chinese banking system or something. Like I said it's been a while.
              Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

Originally posted by RyanJackson View Post
                Yeah I read PR a while ago too. It was an enjoyable read. I believe the package contained a account number of underground Chinese banking system or something. Like I said it's been a while.
                I remember what it was but I didn't want to spoil it. Geez, Ryan way to go I kid.

Yes, smuggling is involved. I think it actually gave the story some heart and higher stakes.
                Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky1288 View Post
                  I remember what it was but I didn't want to spoil it. Geez, Ryan way to go I kid.

Yes, smuggling is involved. I think it actually gave the story some heart and higher stakes.

Lmao! Oops. My bad. I'm always doing that.
                  Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

Originally posted by RyanJackson View Post
                    Lmao! Oops. My bad. I'm always doing that.
                    Just ruined your chances of ever watching a movie with me haha

I annoy the hell out of my husband when we go see a movie that I read a script or book to. I like to point out fun facts like... "that didn't happen in the book" "in the draft I read, he dies" "so and so wrote this movie" "the script was better than the movie" "that guy also plays in that other movie remember?" "Her look doesn't really fit what I imagined when I read..."

so maybe you're the lucky one.
                    Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

i enjoyed this one too... action is easy to visualize, and liked the story...

Comment

Working...
                      X