What's so great about movies?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's so great about movies?

    Seriously. I watched one the other day. I mean, it's just moving pictures on a screen and people talking and stuff. Anybody could do that. Now books. They are so much better. And music, too. I'd love for someone to convince me that movies are as good as music. Ha.

  • #2
    Re: What's so great about movies?

    Film is the ultimate art as it combines all of them under the same canopy. Photography, music, art (drawing/painting), writing, design, acting, etc.
    INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

    A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
    Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What's so great about movies?

      Well, this is an "easy throw..."

      With the right choice of material, they get the date you're with all kinda weepy and emotional and, uh, kinda do the "prep work" for later that evening.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What's so great about movies?

        Tree of Life.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What's so great about movies?

          They are great background noise when you need to make a bunch of cell phone calls in a dark place.

          Also, a great place to meet with friends and talk.

          - Bill
          Free Script Tips:
          http://www.scriptsecrets.net

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What's so great about movies?

            Reminds me of The Sopranos when Tony is talking to his psychiatrist about Se7en

            "about halfway through I'm thinking why do I give a **** who the killer is?"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What's so great about movies?

              Originally posted by SBScript View Post
              Seriously. I watched one the other day. I mean, it's just moving pictures on a screen and people talking and stuff. Anybody could do that. Now books. They are so much better. And music, too. I'd love for someone to convince me that movies are as good as music. Ha.
              This is a joke. Lest anyone think I am being serious, I am actually commenting on people who love to try and diminish and tear down writers and directors who are more talented than they could ever dream of being.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What's so great about movies?

                Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                This is a joke. Lest anyone think I am being serious, I am actually commenting on people who love to try and diminish and tear down writers and directors who are more talented than they could ever dream of being.
                There is no such thing as satire anymore. You can't exaggerate reality enough.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What's so great about movies?

                  Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                  ...Now books. They are so much better.
                  Indeed. Who could forget Jim Cameron's riveting treatise on deep water pressure-induced depression, THE ABYSMALS... or Hitchcock's critiques on the Warhol-era art world, THE MAN WHO DREW TOO MUCH...
                  Classics...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What's so great about movies?

                    Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                    They are great background noise when you need to make a bunch of cell phone calls in a dark place.

                    Also, a great place to meet with friends and talk.
                    Also a place to make out, or even have sex. In some case, make number 2.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X