• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why One
    replied
    Re: What's so great about movies?

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
    They are great background noise when you need to make a bunch of cell phone calls in a dark place.

Also, a great place to meet with friends and talk.
    Also a place to make out, or even have sex. In some case, make number 2.

Leave a comment:

• DangoForth
    replied

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
    ...Now books. They are so much better.
    Indeed. Who could forget Jim Cameron's riveting treatise on deep water pressure-induced depression, THE ABYSMALS... or Hitchcock's critiques on the Warhol-era art world, THE MAN WHO DREW TOO MUCH...
    Classics...

Leave a comment:

• JeffLowell
    replied

This is a joke. Lest anyone think I am being serious, I am actually commenting on people who love to try and diminish and tear down writers and directors who are more talented than they could ever dream of being.
    There is no such thing as satire anymore. You can't exaggerate reality enough.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Alexander
    replied

Seriously. I watched one the other day. I mean, it's just moving pictures on a screen and people talking and stuff. Anybody could do that. Now books. They are so much better. And music, too. I'd love for someone to convince me that movies are as good as music. Ha.
    This is a joke. Lest anyone think I am being serious, I am actually commenting on people who love to try and diminish and tear down writers and directors who are more talented than they could ever dream of being.

Leave a comment:

• Hilario113
    replied

Reminds me of The Sopranos when Tony is talking to his psychiatrist about Se7en

"about halfway through I'm thinking why do I give a **** who the killer is?"

Leave a comment:

• wcmartell
    replied

They are great background noise when you need to make a bunch of cell phone calls in a dark place.

Also, a great place to meet with friends and talk.

- Bill

Leave a comment:

• Paradis
    replied

Tree of Life.

Leave a comment:

• YakMan
    replied

Well, this is an "easy throw..."

With the right choice of material, they get the date you're with all kinda weepy and emotional and, uh, kinda do the "prep work" for later that evening.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied

Film is the ultimate art as it combines all of them under the same canopy. Photography, music, art (drawing/painting), writing, design, acting, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Alexander
    started a topic What's so great about movies?

What's so great about movies?

Seriously. I watched one the other day. I mean, it's just moving pictures on a screen and people talking and stuff. Anybody could do that. Now books. They are so much better. And music, too. I'd love for someone to convince me that movies are as good as music. Ha.
Working...
X