Clear All

• Hangover 2 made the ScriptShadow Best of the Year List

Congrats, Craig.

Interesting list:
    http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/
    "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
    - C. Montgomery Burns

Re: Hangover 2 made the ScriptShadow Best of the Year List

I'm sure Mazin is thrilled to death about that list. Too bad August couldn't make it on there. Oh, well. There's always next year.

HH

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock'd View Post
      Congrats, Craig.
      Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
      I'm sure Mazin is thrilled to death about that list.
      He has reached the pinnacle, indeed.

Comment

Sarcasm sense tingling!

Okay, I don't know the backstory here guys, just passing along the information.

I would think most people would be pleased to see a script they wrote on a Top Films of the year list but hey, what do I know?
        - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Sarcasm sense tingling!

Okay, I don't know the backstory here guys, just passing along the information.

I would think most people would be pleased to see a script they wrote on a Top Films of the year list but hey, what do I know?
          On a list made by some random dude on the internet... not as exciting as an Oscar nom.

Comment

Okay, I don't know the backstory here guys.
            Backstory: http://artfulwriter.com/?p=1018

Comment

Originally posted by Recreant View Post
              On a list made by some random dude on the internet... not as exciting as an Oscar nom.
              Still. Better than a sharp stick in the eye.
              - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Smargiassi View Post
                (sigh)

Alright, I'm gonna go sit in the time-out chair for a while.

Lock the thread on your way out.
                Last edited by gridlock'd; 12-30-2011, 05:55 AM.
                - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

lol, I've never spent time reading his blog, but it all makes sense now.

What he's saying about H2 is utter bullsht. It actually proves he doesn't know anything.

It was hard to explain why the guy knows no more than the average amteur in the past, because he was only analyzing scripts in development, and to the uninformed, it's anyone's guess, so it might as well be his. But now we have proof he's full of it.

This:

'When I kept hearing that this film was exactly the same film, beat for beat, as the first Hangover, I rolled my eyes at how lazy Hollywood was. I mean why not try to do *something* different? But after seeing the film, I understand exactly why they did it, and consider them sorta geniuses for the choice. The script is the most unpredictable of all the variables in filmmaking. Yeah, you could nail it in three months. But there's a chance you might not nail it for a year. You just don't know. And the problem with Hollywood is, they're not waiting until you figure it out. They set a date and wherever that date arrives, that's the script they go with. This is the reason why we have so many bad sequels. The writers try to write an entirely new story and simply don't have the time to explore it (see the Matrix sequels as examples A & B). So the Hangover team said, "Hey, we already have a formula that works here. We try to write a whole new movie, it'll be all over the place. Let's just stick with what works.- '

Proves he knows absolutely nothing about Hollywood or the writing process.

Comment

Working...
                  X