What was the poorest written professional script you've read?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the poorest written professional script you've read?

just curious if you guys have read any major scripts that went into production that just seemed like amateur hour to you. I'm not looking to hate on any writers, don't take that as my intention, I just wanna hear what you have to say.

Re: What was the poorest written professional script you've read?

I am hoping it's mine... someday.

Comment

I don't understand the point of this. Are we looking for the lowest level of skill we can muster to achieve success? I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post
        I don't understand the point of this. Are we looking for the lowest level of skill we can muster to achieve success? I don't get it.
        I don't know about you but i'm trying to find sold shitty professional scripts so I can feel better about my own shitty writing and try to find a excuse to try and sell my poorly written script.

Comment

Assemble 200 people in a room. Ask them what they thought of "Gigli". I guarantee that at least 1 or 2 people will say it was well made and enjoyable.

Similarly, 1 or 2 will tell you "The Godfather" is a piece of shit.

If someone read a "professional" script and hated it, would that opinion validate or prove anything? I don't think so.

c.f., conventional wisdom re opinions + assholes.
          ==========

Comment

Originally posted by Hasil Adkins View Post
            Assemble 200 people in a room. Ask them what they thought of "Gigli". I guarantee that at least 1 or 2 people will say it was well made and enjoyable.

Similarly, 1 or 2 will tell you "The Godfather" is a piece of shit.
            Some people know jack sh_t about movies - even people who make movies.

Let's face the facts...not everybody has the same level of understanding of cinema. Some people get it, some people don't.

So, those 1 or 2 people...someone's gotta be wrong.

Comment

Let's face the facts...not everybody has the same level of understanding of cinema. Some people get it, some people don't.
              I know, right?

Watching animated images on a large screen for entertainment. Some people don't get it.

Understanding of cinema? That's some serious film snob bs. Sorry bro.
              Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

I've read a lot of scripts, and I can say nothing stands out as bad enough to call it the poorest I've read.

However, I only read scripts other people say are good. So there's a natural filtering process.

Comment

I couldn't read very much of Inglourious Basterds...the spelling mistakes in the title aren't the only errors. The typos and incorrect grammar were so distracting I quit after a dozen pages.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
                    I couldn't read very much of Inglourious Basterds...the spelling mistakes in the title aren't the only errors. The typos and incorrect grammar were so distracting I quit after a dozen pages.
                    I had the opposite reaction to Basterds. The opening was one of my favorite things I'd read in a long time.

As for poorly written scripts there is one that placed relatively high on the latest black list and just recently sold that I found to be real lousy. I don't want to mention the writer but it's clear it sold completely on concept and I'm guessing they'll just hire some other writer to come in and do a big rewrite.

Comment

When I read the reboot of 'A nightmare on elm street' and 'Green Lantern'

Those two scripts were pretty shoddy.
                      http://www.mortalremainsthemovie.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
                        That's insane.

Comment

Working...
                        X