Hi, my name is Marcus. I'm a new, young, and aspiring writer from Nashville. I'm on this site because of my inspiration...

...Chris Kletzien. He's a 90's writer, with experience on shows like Roseanne, Saturday Night Special, and the VMA's (1996).
He has truly helped me see a future for myself.

It started towards the end of my junior year of high school. I was fifteen. My film making class was having a special guest: Chris Kletzien. Every student in my class had to write a short, twelve page script for the ex-screenwriter. Then, he would go through them and give us advice. At the discussion table, we asked Chis for "the good, the bad, the ugly, or all three."

When it was time to talk about my script, I told Chris... "Don't read it. It sucks." He chuckled and said, "Oh, is that what you think?" I won 'Best Script' in that class. Later, Chris told me that a lot of first time writers write about explosions, zombies, etc. Not me. I wrote about a relationship between a boy and a girl. That set me apart from the other students. Chris helped me out a lot, which brings me to...

...today. Two years later. I'm working for Chris at his furniture store, E.T. Burk Furniture, while writing my first full script. I'm 55 pages in; second half of Act 2. Here's a small look:

Code:
INT. HOSPITAL ROOM - NIGHT

Chip and Tommy have been there for hours, staring at their
sleeping mother --

JOY, 32, beautiful, warm and endearing. She’s beaten, but
safe. Tommy watches his mother closely, seeing every
punch that she’s ever taken.

Her eyelids slowly inch back. He bends down to be close.
She looks into the eyes of her son, and she can barely hear --

TOMMY
(whisper)
Momma.