No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: scifi action scripts

Originally posted by Travis Fields View Post
    Anyone else feel like "Looper" was genuinely trying to be a great film, but missed?
    Some people think it *is* great (I don't) but it's def. worth watching. Specially if you like neo-noir.
    I agree with this a lot.
    Always choose cognac over cocaine -- Jon Lord

Comment

Re: Sci-Fi Action scripts

Somacell was pretty good, though that's pretty light, more modern sci-fi. Same for God Particle. Oblivion was a great read, though I checked it out back when it was Horizons. Most recent sci-fi that sold I read was Epsilon, that had entertaining elements to it.
      @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Llama View Post
        Somacell was pretty good, though that's pretty light, more modern sci-fi. Same for God Particle. Oblivion was a great read, though I checked it out back when it was Horizons. Most recent sci-fi that sold I read was Epsilon, that had entertaining elements to it.
        What are each of these about?
        I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
          What are each of these about?
          Loglines off Tracking Board. As a sidenote, I hope some of these loglines were written by interns or something and didn't go out with the actual scripts.

Somacell - In a near-future prison environment that rehabilitates convicts using virtual reality, an investigation into a possible conspiracy leads a prison guard to suspect she may actually be on the wrong side of the system.
          God Particle - An American spacecraft floats aimlessly after a hadron-colliding experiment causes the Earth to vanish.
          Oblivion - In the future the world is decimated from an alien invasion. A drone repairman, one of the few remaining humans on Earth, finds another human who holds secrets that will put the repairman’s faith in humanity in question.
          Epsilon - When a group of robots hide out on a space station after a failed rebellion, the machines use human lab rats to be their agents, but one man finds out he is different than the rest.
          @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
            I read Shadow 19 by Jon Spaihts a while back. Thought it was pretty good.
            +1

In a similar vein, I found All You Need is Kill enjoyable. Sort of a sci-fi Groundhog Day.

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Llama View Post

Really? I thought God Particle was mediocre at best. Cool concept and set-up, but really poor dialogue and execution. Act 3 was a real chore to get through.

Comment

David Ayer wrote a great sci-fi actioner called LAST MAN. Check it out if you can.

ECHOES by Scott Frazier is also pretty bad-ass.
                @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Working...
                X