X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrance Mulloy
    replied
    Re: Sci-Fi Action scripts

David Ayer wrote a great sci-fi actioner called LAST MAN. Check it out if you can.

ECHOES by Scott Frazier is also pretty bad-ass.

Leave a comment:

• CthulhuRises
    replied

Originally posted by 8bit Llama View Post
    Somacell was pretty good, though that's pretty light, more modern sci-fi. Same for God Particle. Oblivion was a great read, though I checked it out back when it was Horizons. Most recent sci-fi that sold I read was Epsilon, that had entertaining elements to it.

Really? I thought God Particle was mediocre at best. Cool concept and set-up, but really poor dialogue and execution. Act 3 was a real chore to get through.

Leave a comment:

• Rhodi
    replied

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    I read Shadow 19 by Jon Spaihts a while back. Thought it was pretty good.
    +1

In a similar vein, I found All You Need is Kill enjoyable. Sort of a sci-fi Groundhog Day.

Leave a comment:

• 8bit Llama
    replied

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
    What are each of these about?
    Loglines off Tracking Board. As a sidenote, I hope some of these loglines were written by interns or something and didn't go out with the actual scripts.

Somacell - In a near-future prison environment that rehabilitates convicts using virtual reality, an investigation into a possible conspiracy leads a prison guard to suspect she may actually be on the wrong side of the system.
    God Particle - An American spacecraft floats aimlessly after a hadron-colliding experiment causes the Earth to vanish.
    Oblivion - In the future the world is decimated from an alien invasion. A drone repairman, one of the few remaining humans on Earth, finds another human who holds secrets that will put the repairman’s faith in humanity in question.
    Epsilon - When a group of robots hide out on a space station after a failed rebellion, the machines use human lab rats to be their agents, but one man finds out he is different than the rest.

Leave a comment:

• FoxHound
    replied

Originally posted by 8bit Llama View Post
    Somacell was pretty good, though that's pretty light, more modern sci-fi. Same for God Particle. Oblivion was a great read, though I checked it out back when it was Horizons. Most recent sci-fi that sold I read was Epsilon, that had entertaining elements to it.
    What are each of these about?

Leave a comment:

• 8bit Llama
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Australis
    replied
    Re: scifi action scripts

Originally posted by Travis Fields View Post
    Anyone else feel like "Looper" was genuinely trying to be a great film, but missed?
    Some people think it *is* great (I don't) but it's def. worth watching. Specially if you like neo-noir.
    I agree with this a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
    Still workin' on a new one. Just imagine Star Trek meets Hotel Rwanda.
    Never heard of ever of em.

Leave a comment:

• FoxHound
    replied

Originally posted by Jules View Post
    What's your log FoxHound?
    Still workin' on a new one. Just imagine Star Trek meets Hotel Rwanda.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied

I read Shadow 19 by Jon Spaihts a while back. Thought it was pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied

What's your log FoxHound?

Leave a comment:

• cshel
    replied

After reading reviews of Cloud Atlas, it sounds like it could be pretty interesting, but that it may have been better if they had not used any well-known actors. Man, three hours is a long movie if it isn't that good.

Leave a comment:

• FoxHound
    replied

Originally posted by ATB View Post
    Totally disagree. Looks like a convoluted mess.
    LOL. I had precisely the same thought when I first saw the trailer. There's no attempt to explain its story. It just hurls a bunch of wacky images at us. By the time I got to the asian android, I was like, WTF am I watching?

Looper, on the other hand, did a fantastic job -- BRAVO!

As for great sci-fi actions, you can check out mine. It was a CONTEST WINNER (at scriptvamp).

Leave a comment:

• ATB
    replied

From the trailer. Just my initial reaction.

Leave a comment:

• Travis Fields
    replied

Originally posted by ATB View Post
    Totally disagree. Looks like a convoluted mess.
    From the trailer, or the script?

It could be...it's an epic, so them's the risks.

Apparently there are *six* storylines, so that's a lot of balls to keep in the air.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X