Screenwriting Oscar Odds - Who will win?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenwriting Oscar Odds - Who will win?

So I like to make bets here and there on sports. Just curious if any of these look like winners?
    (PS the minus number is what you have to bet to win $100 ie 210 to win 100 and the plus numbers are the underdogs ie +900 = 9/1 odds. You obviously can bet less than a hundred.)

Entertainment 85th Academy Awards Best Adapted Screenplay
    Sun 2/24 7:00PM
    Tony Kushner - Lincoln -210
    Chris Terrio - Argo +240
    David O Russell - Silver Linings Playbook +900
    David Magee - Life of Pi +2500
    L.Alibar & B.Zeitlin - Beasts of the Southern Wild +3300

Entertainment 85th Academy Awards Best Original Screenplay
    Mark Boal - Zero Dark Thirty +130
    Quentin Tarantino - Django Unchained +200
    Michael Haneke - Amour +210
    W.Anderson & R.Coppola - Moonrise Kingdom +1600
    John Gatins - Flight +2000
    Last edited by Typewriter; 02-03-2013, 10:14 PM.
    The Best Impersonation of Christian Bale Freak Out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5631H6KuE

Re: Screenwriting Oscar Odds - Who will win?

as much as I wish for DJANGO to take the prize.. I suspect Zero Dark Thirty to take it.

First of all, the screenplay of Django just isn't as good as the film.. while the screenplay for ZDT is actually better than the film. While reading it you just kinda feel the work that was put into it I guess :P

Comment

Originally posted by SimplyE View Post
      as much as I wish for DJANGO to take the prize.. I suspect Zero Dark Thirty to take it.

First of all, the screenplay of Django just isn't as good as the film.. while the screenplay for ZDT is actually better than the film. While reading it you just kinda feel the work that was put into it I guess :P
      Wow, great insight. I like your thinking. Plus Django has the N-word a million times so that might work against it. And of course the Academy seems to fairly like war movies ie The Hurt Locker winning an Oscar.

Note: I just checked the site (5Dimes) and here are the new odds. Weird now that Django is the favorite. I might just lay some coin on ZDT and then see who wins the WGA this weekend before I add anymore/stop. I would really love it if Flight won though. I thought that was an excellent movie.

Quentin Tarantino - Django Unchained -135Mark Boal - Zero Dark Thirty +170Michael Haneke - Amour +250W.Anderson & R.Coppola - Moonrise Kingdom +2000John Gatins - Flight +3300
      The Best Impersonation of Christian Bale Freak Out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5631H6KuE

Comment

I set up an Oscar pool, its free, and you can pick the winners. join us and see who wins

I recently set up an online Academy Awards/Oscars Pool at RunYourPool.com. If you are interested in joining the pool, please follow these steps:

1. Go to http://www.runyourpool.com/join.cfm

2. Enter the following information:
        a. In the Pool ID box, enter the number 21613
        b. In the Pool Password box, enter 'harkandharold' (without the single quotes)

3. Fill out the form information, including a personal username and password. (Rest assured, this information will NOT be sold or utilized for spam email under ANY circumstances.)

4. Make your picks, with the ability to change it right up until the Awards Show.

It's that easy. If you have any questions, let me know or e-mail runyourpool.com directly at [email protected].
        • Go and do likewise gents..

Comment

Originally posted by Typewriter View Post
          So I like to make bets here and there on sports. Just curious if any of these look like winners?
          (PS the minus number is what you have to bet to win $100 ie 210 to win 100 and the plus numbers are the underdogs ie +900 = 9/1 odds. You obviously can bet less than a hundred.)

Entertainment 85th Academy Awards Best Adapted Screenplay
          Tony Kushner - Lincoln -210
          Chris Terrio - Argo +240
          David O Russell - Silver Linings Playbook +900
          David Magee - Life of Pi +2500
          L.Alibar & B.Zeitlin - Beasts of the Southern Wild +3300

Entertainment 85th Academy Awards Best Original Screenplay
          Mark Boal - Zero Dark Thirty +130
          Quentin Tarantino - Django Unchained +200
          Michael Haneke - Amour +210
          W.Anderson & R.Coppola - Moonrise Kingdom +1600
          John Gatins - Flight +2000
          wow, +1600 for moonrise kingdom? throw 10 bucks on it for me!
          • Go and do likewise gents..

Comment

Ugh...

Comment

I'm not surprised if Django is the odds on favorite for an original screenplay Oscar. Tarantino has been winning all, or most, of the awards it's been nominated for in that category - the Golden Globe, Critics Choice, BAFTA, etc. But you never know, there's always the chance of a surprise. The WGA awards are on Sunday, although that win might not be indicative either. Affleck didn't even get an Oscar director nom, and yet he's won every other award for that, including the DGA award.
              "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
              X