No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEENAGE DIALOG

Hi all,

What's a good script to read for contemporeary teenage dialog. I'm looking for something witty, biting and nasty.

Thanks in advance.

Aliza Z

witty, biting and nasty
    How about MEAN GIRLS?

Comment

I haven't seen that yet but it sounds promising. If you say the dialog's good I better get a move on. Thanks!

ABZ

Comment

THIRTEEN

FREAKY FRIDAY

Comment

Kids

Comment

Great suggestions. SO it's off to the video store. Thanks.

ABZ

Comment

It may be a bit dated, but HEATHERS is such a great script.

Comment

Re: .

Do you have a copy of it, WitM?

Comment

script

No Boobsie, sorry.

Comment

Not really a teen movie, but I'd suggest checking out Ghost World, both the movie and especially Daniel Clowes' original comic. It's the closest to real teenage dialogue I've seen, and it also manages to be funny.

Comment

you might also want to eves drop on actual teenagers. they tend to be rather biting and nasty when they don't know they're being listened to... and in addition to that, their talk is real, so they're more likely to sound like real teenagers than the ones in movies.

Comment

Heathers Script here.

Comment

I've done this before.

Go to your local community college. Mostly 18 and 19 year olds. Hang around the cafeteria and ask the students questions about subjects pertaining to your script, if possible.

Have a tape recorder handy. Tell em your reporting for a newspaper or something. Or tell them the truth, it's for a script.

I suggest community college and not a university because the majority of students will be in their teens and will probably be more willing to help. Less hassle too.

Comment

I'm totally with Emmy on this one. If you want to know how teenagers sound â€" or anyone else, for that matter â€" go find some and listen for a while.

I tend to go with coffee shops near a high school or college. Eavesdropping will usually give you more of a feel for the language than an informal interview might.

Comment

Working...
                            X