X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Guys

Anyone read this Shane Black spec?

Re: Nice Guy, that Shane Black

I didn't know what you were talking about, so I did a little investigation on IMDB Pro. And to think I was going to let my trial subscription lapse.

Nice Guys is the title of the TV show he's developing with Joel Silver for CBS. Are you confusing this with the feature he's planning to direct? It's listed as "You'll Never Die in this Town Again," but when I saw Shane at Austin last week, he didn't even want that title mentioned, so it's obviously a working title.

I'm just curious, is this a script you've seen floating around the Net? I'd certainly be interested to read it. In my opinion, a Shane Black script is more interesting and entertaining to read than some books. I will forever defend his use of "Blackisms," those clever asides that made him famous like the one where he describes a house in Lethal Weapon as "like the house I'm going to buy when this script sells." He's been badly imitated by hack newbie writers ever since, but they miss the point of these little gems. They always serve to make the story more clear and interesting, not to say "Look how smart I am."

Ann

Comment

Re: Nice Guy, that Shane Black

I'd read that Nice Guys had been shopped as a feature spec then was being developed into a TV series as a cross between Lethal Weapon and The Rockford Files (interesting mix might I add).

I've been searching the net for a draft but nothing doing.

Whatever it turns into I can't wait for the finished result and ditto for his directorial debut with You'll Never Eat...

By the way Ann, how's Austin (both the conference and the city)?

Comment

Working...
      X