Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13th Warrior

Does anyone know if this script is available? I have tried all of the usual websites and it is nowhere to be found. Several producers have suggested that the action scenes are well scripted and worth reading if you have an interest in period/action pieces. I'm also curious as to what the original script was like before they butchered it into the mismash that they put on the screen. Any help would be appreciated.

If it's not one script site it's almost definately not on any of them.

Comment

13th Warrior

It's got to be out there somewhere. I've talked to people who have read it but no one can tell me where they got it. Shooting scripts should be a standard feature of all DVDs. That would end this problem in a hurry.

Comment

It might do you good to look under the title Eaters of the Dead.

(Great novel, by the way. One of Crichton's best.)

Comment

I REALLY liked the way they portrayed Antonio's character learning Norse. Innovative.

Comment

13th Warrior

It's not available under "Eaters of the Dead" either. What dumbass studio exec made them change that name? Far superior to "The 13th Warrior." Come on. Someone out there has to know where to find this thing. It is the holy grail of scripts....he he he.

Comment

I dunno, "Eaters of the Dead" sounds too much like a zombie flick. The 13th Warrior gives more of a swashbuckling feel (not to mention that it puts the protagonist/star front and center).

Nathan

Comment

13th Warrior

I'd bet that, if you took an audience poll, more people would be intrigued by the title "Eaters of the Dead" than "The 13th Warrior." The latter is too generic. That's why I'm suprised that they changed it. Anyway, I'm getting off topic with this. Where is the script......?

Comment

You're more than likely wrong on that count, godman99.

With a title like "the 13th warrior" there was a chance that guys could get their girls to go to the film because cute little Antonio was in it.

With a title like "Eaters of the Dead" the guy's going solo. Trust me on that one.

Comment

13th Warrior

Trust you? I take it you wound up going solo, eh? he he he

Comment

13th Warrior

Still looking for this script. Any leads....?

Comment

I agree with Godman. Eaters is a better title IMHO. The finished film was a horrible mess, but it needn't have been. Shame.

Comment

13th Warrior

I'm dying to see what changes they made to the original script. The finished movie was a choppy mess. This has to rank as one of the biggest missed hollywood opportunities of the last couple of years. Vikings fighting demons! It's a great concept! How do you screw that up? It should have been a massive action blockbuster. I was hoping that the DVD would have commentary that would reveal the changes, but no dice. Find that script, people........

Comment

13th Warrior

Still looking...

Comment

Wolfy... is your quote there an Emo? It sure sounds like one.

Comment

Working...
                              X