Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Bass and his Team

Has anyone ever read anything about Ron Bass and his Team? As I'm currently unemployed (if you've got reality TV work I'd love to hear from you), I've started brainstorming about other ways people come up in the biz including Ron's little stall of writers he's got working for him.

Anyone here ever had an experience with someone involved in that factory? Are there other writers out there who write in the same way? Anyone ever tried to contact one of those writers with ideas of trying out for the group? Do these writers ever move on to write their own SPs?

Just wondering.

Clomey

Ron Bass

They're called "The Ronettes" around town - no I'm not joking. No idea if any of them have ever made it on their own.

Comment

Re: Ron Bass

What? He has writers working for him? I don't get it. Do they do research or something?

Comment

Don't quote me on this but if I remember correctly there is an interview with Ron in I believe "Screenwriters on Screenwriting" (book).

He does have a "team." I don't know/remember all the details but it's like a group of 5 or 6 people who he bounces ideas off of, gets help with research from I think, provides him with feedback, etc. It's his own writing group but all they do is concentrate on stuff for Ron -- who of course gets all the credit.

Comment

There was a whole profile on Bass and his team in the January 24, 2000 issue of the New Yorker, written by Tad Friend. Well worth reading if you can locate a copy!

Comment

If memory serves, the LA Times Sunday Magazine did a piece on Ron and his stable a couple years ago.

Check online or, if you're in LA, the Margaret Herrick Library at the Academy on La Cienega -- it's open to the public and they'd probably have it. Hell, they have Millimeter magazine going back to the 70s.

Comment

Ron Bass, the prolific gent who claimed he could take a @#%$ in a box and sell it to Columbia Pictures chairwoman Amy Pascal for a couple million bucks.... :rolleyes

He was right, but he actually sold it to 20th Century Fox and it was released under the title <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> Entrapment<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->. :b

Comment

Working...
              X