JOHN DOE -- A question to the people in the biz.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOHN DOE -- A question to the people in the biz.

I hear there's an sci-fi/action script written by Zak Penn named JOHN DOE circulating around. Since I am polishing my own action/sci-fi flick which coincidentally also has a character named John Doe, to avoid a possible crash of ideas, I have to ask, what Penn's script is about?

Better safe than sorry...

Wizdoc

There is also a new TV series about to launch called JOHN DOE.

Comment

A homeless man with amnesia regains his identity and as his memory returns, he realizes that he's more than human.

This from 4filmmakers.com

Comment

Lucky for you I ran into Zak Penn at a party.

********SPOILERS*******************

In addition to what the above post mentioned, John Doe finds out he's a robot.

Comment

FU*K!!!

Guess who had pretty much the same premise - except instead of a robot, the man is a product of genetic engineering, a "bioroid" of sorts.

Back to the drawing board...

Wizdoc

Comment

my sympathies. it happens to all of us eventually.

Comment

It's amazing that not only is your script the same premise, but that you also named your character John Doe.

Comment

yeah because John Doe is such a unique name.

Comment

Guess it's all because of logical deduction. Since a character doesn't remember his own past, it's only logical he's to be called a John Doe.

But, AICN people are going to make a full rundown of the John Doe script, I'll read it and then decide if Mr. Penn is indeed firing space rays into my brain and channeling my ideas (my, you hear, MY!) into his writing or is he off to a completely different direction. If it's indeed the latter case (which I certainly hope), I'll continue the rewrite work, but for now it's on hold, so to speak.

No biggie, though. I got a lot of ideas I'm itching to turn into screenplays. It's not like this was going to be my entire life work.

Wizdoc

Comment

What's your new idea?

Comment

It's a thriller about a cop chasing a serial killer. Before you gasp and roll your eyes, it isn't in the conventional ball park at all (no supernatural stuff though). And it isn't like SUSPECT ZERO either, which is coincidentally by Zak Penn as well...

The working title is FRACTURES. And right now, I've got a truckload of research material to paddle through.

Wizdoc

Comment

I would like to see a movie about writer using space rays to steal another writer's ideas.

the possibilities...

Comment

Too late Opus.

I've already stolen them.

P.S. Them = Possibilities

Comment

Wizdoc --

Zak Penn hasn't been stealing ideas from your brain, you've been stealing them from mine !

A wrote a 2-part series last year called 'John Doe' and my current script is a detective thriller called 'Fracture.' I really hope you don't have the same concept/twist that I do . . .

Comment

Well...

Depends on what your twist is. Mine's got a twist too...

Wizdoc

Comment

Working...
                              X