Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Horizon Script?

Anyone have a copy of the Event Horizon Script lying around?

re:

I want it too. Does anyone have it?

Royce

Comment

re:

Yes. 2nd draft, 1992.

If you have any scripts (that are unavailable on the web) I may be interested in a trade.

Comment

Event Horizon

God...that movie was awful. I hope the script is a hell of a lot better.

Comment

Re: Event Horizon

That was the whole idea of getting the script to see how much they edited the livin' @#$#$# out of it. The SE DVD is supposed to be coming out sometime soon. As for scripts for trade I might have Big Trouble in Little China II hanging around somewheres....

Comment

Event Horizon

You are making a BIG assumption that the original script is better than the movie.

I have to say it again. GOD THAT MOVIE WAS AWFUL! Whew! I feel better.

Comment

Hey, at least it's the best movie Paul Anderson has directed!

Then again, other his movies include Soldier, Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil, so...

Wizdoc

Comment

Event Horizon

Compared to Event Horizon, Mortal Kombat is Casablanca.

Comment

What didn't you like about it?

I enjoy any movie that can scare me...since most can't...even when it's their whole selling point. The first time I saw Event Horizon it scared the @#%$ out of me.

BTW, the backside of many of the pages are littered with the author's sketches and notes. Which makes for an extra interesting (and odd) read.

Comment

Event Horizon

Mr. Godfree, you are a truly unique fellow. I can honestly say that you are the first person that I have encountered who actually liked Event Horizon. I got into a discussion with some co-workers about this movie a few months ago. It prompted me to take an impromptu poll of my fellow traders. After asking a rather diverse group of over 100 people, NO ONE replied that they liked the film. The most common respone was a disgusted grimace. This is the first time that I have encountered such uniform hatred for a film.

As for why I hate the film, it's really hard to say. I saw it a long time ago and immediately tried to block it from my memory. What I do remember is a bunch of cliched scenes of people living out their worst fears and/or memories. I also remember something about the ship being alive and Sam Neil wanting to bond with it for some strange reason. I went into the film expecting quite a bit. I saw an interview with Lawrence Fisburne where he went on ad nauseum about how it is the scariest thing in the history of film. The end result was disappointing, to say the least...

Comment

Guess I just have bad taste. I've seen it two or three times and enjoyed each viewing.

As a counterpoint, I've talked to a lot of my friends who are high school and undergrad age and most of them remembered it fondly - the guys that is - never met a girl who would see it again.

Comment

Event Horizon is great if you are a sci-fi fanatic. Lots of people I know like it... sci-fi buffs, generally. It is a great first watch, and even a second watch. Although, the third time around I felt the dialogue was forced and character actions somewhat unrealistic in parts. But overall, I felt it had a good enough sense of style, and worked.

If you watch the movie closely, you will notice that each of the characters act like they have some mysterious sort of constipation. They seem eternally pissed off, like in James Cameron movies, especially Alien 2. If you ever want to write a good sci-fi script to get directed by someone like James Cameron, Paul Anderson, just imagine all the characters have bad cases of constipation.

Comment

If you can't enjoy ALIEN: RESURRECTION then you can't like EVENT HORIZON. That's the law.

and to rephrase what someone said above: if you like FEW sci-fi movies, if you don't look forward to sci-fi more than most genres (or at least as much as other genres), then EVENT HORIZON wasn't made to please you. It was made to please people who would happily watch ALIEN for the 50th time on cable than sit through 10 minutes of the next SWORDFISH or GET CARTER.

Comment

I'll give EVENT HORIZON 1 thing... it didn't bore the hell out of me, like SPHERE did. Both of which I saw a week apart from each other.

I could have sworn someone switched cases at the videostore.

Comment

I liked this movie. So did my wife. Everyone we told to go see this movie liked it. Never have I met someone who didn't like it, until now. I still haven't seen Get Carter. It looked llike a remake of Payback, which was a remake ... and so on.

Comment

Working...
                              X