Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script format

I want to get into script writing but I don't know the format. Is there anybody willing to give me a short scirpt as a sample?

I'd really appreciate the help

Yo...

First of all, this should be in "the Basics" section but what the heck. Check out these sites for properly formatted scripts:

www.script-o-rama.com
    www.simplyscripts.com
    www.screentalk.org (has PDF scripts so you should check that out for the actual layout).

Of course, there are numerous sites describing the proper margins, headers etc. With little scourging (you might even start with links in this site), you should get started.

Good luck

Wizdoc

Comment

Re: Yo...

For a quick and dirty look at a sample script page, go to the Done Deal main page, click on "Examples", and then "Script Page" or "Script with Dialogue".

Comment

DO NOT use any of the scripts that you find on the internet or in bookstores as a template. Those are, for the most part, in shooting script format. They include shots, camera directions, transitions etc. Material written by new writers needs to be in reading script format. They do not include the aforementioned. Start with buying a copy of Cole and Haag's book, "The Complete Guide to Standard Script Formats, Part I: The Screenplay". Once you've digested that, then get a formatting program like Final Draft 6 or Movie Magic Screenwriter 2000 (v.4.5). The book will run you around $20.00. The programs can be bought on ebay for around $120.00. The reason you'll need the manual is because the programs, as good as they are, can't do everything for you, ie; how to properly write a scene heading.

Seanachai

Comment

Sean, that's not true, if it's a shooting script it will say so, there are plenty of spec and early draft scripts on those sites.

Comment

Cyfress,

It's not necessarily true that "if it's a shooting script it will say so", especially in some of the books. More importanly, if someone doesn't know the difference between a reading script and a shooting script, then even if it says "shooting script", it will mean nothing to them. I've spoken to dozens of "new" writers, who have copied a shooting script template, because of that.

Comment

Working...
            X