Clear All

• The Place beyond the Pines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07pSbHLXgg

BOOYA! Ryan Gosling at it again!

Re: The Place beyond the Pines

I'm in.

Comment

Cianfrance will become a master filmmaker. If he's not already.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post
        Cianfrance will become a master filmmaker. If he's not already.

Agreed. I don't know what it is about this trailer, but it touched me. This looks like it could be a special film. Have heard great things about it.

Comment

Don't love the title, but this does look amazing. I'll be there.
          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I'm slightly angry I read the spoiler for the movie before I knew what it was. **** the trailer looks amazing and I already knows what is going to happen.

Comment

Even I think this looks good.

Comment

I'll take your place then Bio...

So last time out he had a chick and a kid and he drove get away cars, this time out he's got a chick and a kid and he rides motorbikes to rob banks... what's he going to do to stretch himself; a getway boat and a chick with twins?

Nup, not there.

bah humbug!
                I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post

So last time out he had a chick and a kid and he drove get away cars, this time out he's got a chick and a kid and he rides motorbikes to rob banks... what's he going to do to stretch himself; a getway boat and a chick with twins?

Nup, not there.

bah humbug!
                  You nailed it. There is nothing more to either movie than that.

Nothings gets by you!

Comment

Hi All,
                    Yea this film looks great! Does anyone know if the screenplay is online anywhere?
                    http://damianjohnharper.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post

Nup, not there.

bah humbug!
                      Last time he had no previous connection to the chick or kid THIS time it seems theres some sort of history there.

Two different movies.

If it wasnt obvious, then again everyones a critic.

Comment

Just saw this. Loved it.

The DRIVE comparisons are laughable after seeing the full movie. I'll just say that the trailer for this is one of the best I've ever seen, because they show you almost nothing. The movie expands and goes in uncharted directions, becoming much more than a simple tale of a driver robbing banks.

Comment

I, too, loved it. And yes, the trailer is a superb example of a great trailer that doesn't give away the story.

So much more than just a crime drama. It's an epic about consequences and the love of fathers. A very, very special film.

Comment

No spoilers... but some disagreement about a few things.

After seeing the film, THEN watching the trailer, I feel like it might give away too much. But I didn't see the trailer before seeing the movie. I do think it's one of the movies that the least you know, the better you'll enjoy it.

As for the film itself, it's... good. Unfortunately, it starts out excellent, becomes good, and ends with a whimper. The first ~40 minutes are so good, and the rest doesn't come close to matching it. The third leg introduced characters I really didn't enjoy watching. Ultimately it cared more about theme than a satisfying plot.

I'd recommend it just for the first half, though. There's a lot that's cool about the second half, it's just not my type of film.

Comment

Agree. First part of the movie is amazing, the rest is good. But recommend checking it out, the shots are great. Ryan Gosling is amazing, which i expected. But also impressed by Eva Mendez and Ben Mendelsohn's (again).

Comment

Working...
                              X